Online judges – click here to begin
NOTE: Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we have decided that in the interests of everyone’s health, the California Invention Convention will be held virtually this year.
The 2020 state-wide virtual California Invention Convention is scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020. Students will submit a 4-6 minute unedited video about their invention during the registration process. The video will be created according to these guidelines Creating Your Video. Judges will review and score their assigned videos online. Winners will be notified by April 28 and the results will be posted on our website.
- December 8th – 21st, 2019 – School notifies CAIC if classes / schools might be participating in the state Invention Convention. See Teacher Registration for instructions on registering school.
- March 13th, 2020 – Student Registration is open
- April 10th 2020 – Students must be registered
- April 10th, 2020 – Invention Videos Deadline
- April 14th-April 23rd, 2020 – Judges review and score videos online.
- April 27-29, 2020 – Winners notified and results posted on California Invention Convention website.
Requirements and Restrictions
All inventions MUST conform to the following Requirements and Restrictions. Included are guidelines for creating the Invention Video.