Planning has begun for the 2022 California Invention Convention. Once again, this year’s event will be a virtual competition.
This year, as in years past, student inventors in Kindergarten through high school are asked to identify a problem in their own lives, or that of their families, or the community – and engage in the iterative process of creating an invention to solve that problem. Finalists from throughout the state submit videos of their winning invention prototypes, along with supporting documentation, to compete in the state competition. Winners will earn prizes and have the opportunity to compete at Nationals competition, held by the Invention Convention Worldwide and the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
There are a set of requirements in order for a student to be able to participate in the 2022 California Invention Convention. Requirements are found here.
2022 California Invention Convention Schedule:
- November 15, 2021 – Registration open for teachers or program leaders participating in the program
- January 15, 2022 – Registration closes for teachers and program leaders
- February 9, 2022 – Inventor registration opens
- March 4, 2022 – Judge registration opens
- March 25, 2022 – Last day for teachers and program leaders to submit names of their students participating in the 2022 California Invention Convention
- April 4, 2022 – Judge registration closes
- April 6th, 2022 – Inventor registration closes
- April 11-21 2022 – General judging
- April 21-23, 2022 – Special awards judging
- April 30, 2022 – Awards announced
National Invention Convention:
- TBD – National Invention Convention– The Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, Michigan. Finalists from CaIC virtually participate in the National Invention Convention. Details for National Invention Conven