2023 California Invention Convention
This year’s event will be a virtual competition. This is the capstone event of our program. We are celebrating our 8th year of inspiring confidence in applied STEM, creative problem-solving, and entrepreneurship in schools and after school programs across the state.
This year, as in years past, student inventors in Kindergarten through high school are asked to identify a problem in their own lives, or that of their families, or the community – and engage in the iterative process of creating an invention to solve that problem. Finalists from throughout the state submit videos of their winning invention prototypes, along with supporting documentation, to compete in the state competition. Winners will earn prizes and have the opportunity to compete at Nationals competition, held by the Invention Convention Worldwide and the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
Schedule for the 2023 Invention Convention
- November 2022-January 2023: Registration Teachers and Schools
- February 8, 2023: Student Registration opens
- March 6, 2023: Judge Registration opens
- April 3, 2023: Judge Registration closes
- April 6, 2023: Student Registration closes
- April 10-April 20, 2023: Judging of student entries
- May 5, 2023: Awards Show
National Invention Convention:
- The 2023 Raytheon Technologies Invention Convention U.S. Nationals will be held at The Henry Ford on June 7-9, 2023. Finalists from the California invention Convention participate in the National Invention Convention. Details will be posted here when they are available.
Global Invention Convention:
- 2023 Global Invention Convention is presented by Raytheon Technologies and is a celebration of the best student inventors from around the world. It will be held in August, 2023.