2021 California Invention Convention – April 17th, 2021
Due to the pandemic, this year’s California Invention Convention will again be a virtual event. We will be planning on holding the convention on April 17, 2021. These general dates below can help in planning. We will update these as we get closer to the event.
- January 2021 – Teachers should start program no later than January, in order for students to be able to register, create and upload videos and documentation by April 3rd.
- January 15 – Teacher registration complete
- Mid February— Student Registration opens.
- Mid – March– Teachers complete notification to CAIC with names of participating students
- March 31: – Upload deadline. Invention Videos and invention documentation must be posted through the registration systems. Guidelines for creating Invention Videos are posted here.
- April 5: – Judging begins
- April 17 : – Virtual California Invention Convention
- April 23: – Virtual Awards Ceremony
- June 24: The U.S. Nationals 2021 Awards Ceremony, presented by Raytheon Technologies, will take place virtually on Thursday, June 24 . Finalists from CaIC participate in the National Invention Convention. Details for National Invention Convention will be found at https://inventionconvention.org/home-page/