WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA INVENTION CONVENTION
Educators: Check out Professional Development Offerings here
April 13th 2024 California Invention Convention for Northern/Central California
We are so excited to announce that the Northern/Central California Invention Convention will be held LIVE on April 13th, 2024 at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento.
This is a fantastic space for our event and we are so grateful to the folks at the Museum for sponsoring our venue this year. The Museum is right in Old Town Sacramento — so there is plenty for families to do after the event.
- Opens January 31, 2024 and Closes March 27th, 2024.
- Download Student Registration Instructions here or go to Student Registration on our website.
- Download Instructions in Spanish
- Opens February 7, 2024 and Closes March 27th, 2024
- Read more about being a judge here.
- Download Judge Registration Instructions PDF or go to Judge Registration on our website.
- Opens February 14, 2024 and Closes April 3, 2024
- Read more about being a volunteer here.
- Download Volunteer Registration Instructions PDF or go to Volunteer Registration on our website.
- Closed. If you are a teacher who hasn’t yet registered and want to be sure your students are considered for this event, please email Brenda Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
Two State Competitions….Exciting News About the California Invention Convention!!
The California Invention Convention has grown to the point where we will be having two competitions this year – one for Northern/Central California and the other for Southern California. The California Invention Convention Southern Region is presented by Torrance Unified School District and sponsored by Torrance Refining Company and will be held on March 23, 2024 at El Camino College in Torrance, CA. Winners from this event go onto the National Invention Convention at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI.
Schools and school districts in the following counties are included in the Southern Region:
- Los Angeles
- San Bernadino
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
Schools and districts that are part of the Southern Region need to be registered before January 12, 2024 on their website:: California Invention Convention Southern Region.
Congratulations to our 4 winners at the Americas 2023 Invention Convention!!
2023 California Invention Convention
Our 2023 California Invention Convention is completed for this year. Our congratulations to each and every student who was invited to participate – you are the best of the best! And congratulations to those students and inventions that were recognized for special achievement. Our deepest thanks to our judges who gave of their time and their thoughtful input to make sure each entry was carefully reviewed. We also want to call out a special thanks to the teachers, program leaders and parents who inspired and encouraged these young inventions And to all our for our event – thank you, thank you, thank you!
Click here to read about all the participants and winners at the 2023 California Invention Convention.
We are offering online seminars that detail step-by-step how to bring an Invention Convention program to your school Click here to learn more and register.
- January 9, 2024 (4-5 PM) – Judge Training
- February 6, 2024 (4-5 PM) – Display Boards and Powerpoint Slides
- March 5, 2024 (4-5 PM) – How to Create a Quality Video for the Invention Convention
The California Invention Convention envisions a day when EVERY child in California has the chance to follow his/her natural curiosity, invent creative solutions to problems, and be inspired to achieve his/her highest level of personal accomplishment. Through these efforts, California’s future will be brighter and its workforce more capable and productive.
The California Invention Convention is a registered 501(c)(3) with a tax-exempt EIN 84-3492216. We currently do not charge the schools or students for the curriculum or attendance at our annual event. We rely strictly on sponsors and donations for which we are most grateful. Please donate here.