2024 California Invention Convention
Planning has begun and final dates and convention format (virtual, live, hybrid) have not yet been decided. We will post details as they are determined. In the meantime, this general timeline provides some guidance.
- December – School notifies CaIC if classes/school will be participating.
- Early – Mid February — Student Registration is open.
- End of March / Early April – Students must be Registered. All required invention documentation must be submitted through the registration system. (Check Requirements, Restrictions and Creating Invention Documentation through the Educators page on the web)
- Early – Mid April – State-wide California Invention Convention
- Late May – Early June – National Invention Convention– The Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, Michigan. Finalists from CaIC attend the National Invention Convention. Details for National Invention Convention can be found at https://inventionconvention.org/home-page/
2023 California Invention Convention
This year’s event was a virtual competition. This is the capstone event of our program. We are celebrating our 8th year of inspiring confidence in applied STEM, creative problem-solving, and entrepreneurship in schools and after school programs across the state.
This year, as in years past, student inventors in Kindergarten through high school were asked to identify a problem in their own lives, or that of their families, or the community – and engage in the iterative process of creating an invention to solve that problem. Finalists from throughout the state submitted videos of their winning invention prototypes, along with supporting documentation, to compete in the state competition. Winners earned prizes and have the opportunity to compete at Nationals competition, held by the Invention Convention Worldwide and the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
Our thanks to Analog Devices for their sponsorship and for making this Awards Ceremony possible. We are so grateful to them!
National Invention Convention:
- The 2023 Raytheon Technologies Invention Convention U.S. Nationals was held at The Henry Ford on June 7-9, 2023. Finalists from the California invention Convention participated in the National Invention Convention and several were winners.
Americas Invention Convention:
- 2023 America Invention Convention is presented by RTXsand is a celebration of the best student inventors from around the world. It was held in August 2023 and 4 California Invention Convention inventors were winners.